Saturday, July 24, 2010

Week 2 - Action Research reflections

The majority of this weeks focus was on the areas for possible action research topics including: staff leadership, curriculum development, individual teachers, individual students, school culture or community, leadership, management, school performance, and social justice or equity issues. What I thought interesting is I have been through many discussion and investigations in many of these areas, but not once have I heard the term action research. I have helped in developing professional development specific for certain campuses, I have helped to create new schedules for many campuses, I helped analyze discipline issues on a campus, and I have helped work on improving curriculum areas where a campus has been labeled academically unacceptable. Not once in all these discussion did we formally write anything down or work through a specific process to work on these issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment